Sunday, August 23, 2009

Science Project Planning

Stage Two

A. Apparatus / Equipment -

Anti-bacterial Hand gel
Anti- bacterial Hand wipes
Anti-bacterial Soap
Tap - water
Kids in my class - 25 kids
Potato slices - potatoes
Clip seal plastic bags
Pen
Knife
Chopping Board
Disposable gloves x 2
Adult Helper
List of instructions for hand cleaning

The Method - the steps and stages
Before I start I will pre-mark all plastic bags with group details.
1. First I will divide the 25 kids into 5 groups of 5.
1. Water only group
2. Water and Anti-bacterial Soap group
3. Anti-bacterial hand wipe group
4. Anti-bacterial hand gel group
5. Control group
2. Then I will teach them how to clean their hands thoroughly.
3. Next the adult helper and I will put the gloves on.
4. After that the adult helper will slice the potatoes on the chopping board.
5. While the helper is slicing potatoes, I will take the first group and get them to complete their hand cleaning task.
5. As soon as the potatoes are sliced I will take the samples by rubbing the potato slice on their palms.
6. Immediately after taking each sample I will place the potato slice into the plastic bag and seal it.
7. For all 5 groups I will repeat these steps.
8. Finally I will take all samples home and put them in a dark place.

No comments:

Post a Comment